Are you a creative thinker who problem solves with ease, multi-tasks in their sleep, and is passionate about creating the absolute best designs for a one-of-a-kind arts company? DCINY (a classical music concert production company) is looking to hire a graphic designer to help in the marketing, web and graphics department.
You will fit in fine with us if you have a proven track record of success in an agency environment or similar position. The designer of our dreams will work on web and print projects including but not limited to concert programs, marketing brochures, advertising pieces, concert posters, email blasts, digital banners, website landing pages and more. It also helps if you know your way around Wordpress and CSS. This position is integral to the successful presentation of concerts in world-class performance venues including Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
What you will be doing
- Design all print and digital materials, advertisements, emails, and other assets for concerts, conventions, and special events
- Create compelling layouts through excellent use of typography, color and photography that reflect our brand
- Create email marketing campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Stay up to date on current design trends. Adapt and innovate as necessary
- Work efficiently under fast-paced deadlines, managing several multi-tiered projects simultaneously
What you will bring
- A passionate, driven, and proven designer. You live and breathe creativity, and have a passion for the arts.
- A Self-Starter. You aren’t afraid to spearhead projects, and present new ideas. You have no issues with creating your own timelines, and managing vendor relationships.
- Very well organized. Able to juggle projects of varying levels of complexity, as well as scope, and meet multiple deadlines.
- A problem solver. You always find ways to roll out solutions from concept to production, and can do so across multiple platforms, as well as bringing new ideas to the table each and every season.
- Always learning and growing. You know that part of being a brilliant creative is taking, and receiving, critique. You can handle a bit of rejection here and there.
- Curious. You seek to understand what we do, now concert production works, and how this knowledge can benefit every project and inform each and every design.
- Bachelor/Advanced Degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3+ years of applicable work experience in a similar position
- Expert-level experience with Adobe Creative
- Knowledge of WordPress Content Management System (CMS). Able to maintain a WordPress site, add and edit pages, upload images, etc.
- UX experience and understanding
- Knowledge or Experience with Salesforce a big plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and listening skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Highly self-motivated; able to multi-task
- Knowledge, experience, interest and background in classical music and concert production not necessary but highly encouraged!
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) is the leading producer of dynamically charged musical excellence. With its unforgettable concert experiences in renowned venues, empowering educational programs, and its global community of artists and audiences, DCINY changes lives through the power of performance.
- Resume showing work history
- Portfolio of professional creative web and print projects (online or PDF)
- Salary history or requirements, and contact information for at least three references
- Please email materials to Jobs@DCINY.org; No phone calls or walk-ins please.