Constructive, a leading social impact design firm is searching for an experienced Senior Interactive Designer to join our team of strategic and creative thinkers to design dynamic digital experiences that help make the world a better place.
Senior Designers at Constructive work both independently and in close collaboration with experts across our teams on design strategy, UX, visual design. If you’re an exceptional designer and a strategic, creative thinker with a leadership mindset—with an exceptional portfolio of large-scale, content-heavy digital projects—then we’d love to hear from you.
And if you want to spend your days applying your talent and passion to make a meaningful difference on issues like climate change, education, and social justice—then we think you’ll love working at Constructive.
If this sounds exciting you, then please read more about the kind of person we’re looking to add to our team and what we have to offer.
Would people agree that you:
- Are a versatile, detail-oriented designer who is always learning and pushing your thinking?
- Take a systems-based approach to design—always focusing on client and audience needs?
- Have extremely strong design fundamentals (usability/interaction, typography, color theory, grid systems, etc) and produce work that is both beautiful and usable?
- Balance creative innovation with practical necessity—when to push for great and when to just get it done?
- Know how to think ,across screen sizes and types to design effective experiences for multiple digital environments?
- Excel at turning complex content into accessible design that increases understanding and generates action?
- Understand how design comps and prototypes get built by developers into interactive experiences?
- Stay current with digital technology and design trends; keeping your eye on what’s new while avoiding what’s just trendy?
- Have rock-solid Sketch and Creative Suite skills, and keep your files organized so that they’re easy for teammates to use?
- Are a persuasive presenter who can articulate your thinking and design decisions in ways that resonate with non-designers?
- Have experience leading workshops and strategy sessions that bring out the best in others?
- Are passionate about making the world a better place, and your portfolio shows meaningful, high-polish work that helps clients pursue greater social impact?
Then here’s a partial list of the things you’ll do with Constructive
- Conduct client and design research to inform your thinking; present findings to teammates and clients
- Contribute to and lead digital/design strategy that guides design execution.
- Create digital strategy briefs and other design process documents.
- Participate in and lead design/strategy workshops to create consensus on design ideas.
- Participate in and lead design presentations with clients; Help steer them in the right direction.
- Collaborate with Brand Strategists to ensure design is aligned with our clients’ organizational goals.
- Collaboratively design websites and other brand experiences; Oversee production design of your concepts—supporting less senior designers.
- Partner with developers to ensure interactive execution is aligned with design vision.
- Create guidelines and standards for your designs—establishing design patterns and systems that are easy for others to implement and scale.
- Bring energy, ideas, and enthusiasm to your work and our team!
Here are our minimum requirements for Senior Designers
- 4+ years experience working in a design firm as an interactive design
- A Bachelor of Arts degree (or higher) in related field
- The ability to work in our NYC office
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
Benefits & Perks
Constructive prizes work-life balance, and our compensation is a combination of competitive salary and a a robust list of benefits and perks:
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- 401K plan with company match
- Annual profit sharing bonus and potential for performance-based bonuses
- 2 weeks paid vacation (+1 additional day per year)
- Paid vacation between Christmas & New Year’s
- 10 work from home days /year
- 1⁄2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16)
- 1 week paid personal/sick days
- Monthly employee-voted gift card awards
- TransitChek (pay for transit w/ pre-tax $)
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Free Boxing/Exercise classes across the street (WorkTrainFight.com)
- $1K annual professional development stipend
- New client bonus (2.5% of largest contract in year 1 for any non-inbound client)
- Coffee, snacks, soda
- Company lunch every Wednesday
- Company Weekly Happy Hr (every non-summer Friday)
- Bi-monthly Company Events (sporting events, bowling, holiday party, etc)
- The feeling of satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place
Interested? Great! Then please send an email to titled “Senior Designer” to email@example.com with the following:
- A Resume
- A cover letter telling us a bit about you and what excites you about joining our team
- A link to your online portfolio (applications without one will not be considered)
- Desired salary (freelance rate for those interested in consulting with us)