This is a release candidate of the next SmashingMag. Report a bug on GitHub or via email. Beware of cats.
The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you and your team in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we’re looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it – people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
This is a freelance role starting ASAP.
- POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
- CSS and preprocessors such as LESS & SASS
- Using Git (or any DVCS) to manage parallel development on a large codebase
- Working in an agency environment
- Python & Django
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Google Apps & APIs
- Scaling applications across distributed machines
- noSQL & SQL databases
- Developing for offline first
- Competitive remuneration
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment