The Hero Company is a digital marketing company, whose mission is to help each customer become the hero of his or her own life. We create incredible, life-changing information products: ebooks, seminars and online courses. We produce captivating, entertaining marketing – unique ads and websites that turn skeptical prospects into rabid customers. And we build digital communities where our customers can connect and grow with each other, taking online friendships offline.
To date, our primary market has been single men, who we’ve served via our brand “The Social Man”. We count over 200,000 customers, millions of email subscribers, and have seen 100% YOY growth for the past four years. You can find more at these two websites:
- 2+ years experience and strong expertise developing in PHP/WordPress development.
- Strong experience with HTML and CSS
- Expertise in developing responsive websites
- Able to work with virtual teams.- Experience in a dynamic, multi-project environment.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience using Git version control to sync work between the team members
- Understanding of AJAX and experience with the integration of third-party REST-style APIs
- An understanding of current SEO best practices
- Setting up Wordpress installations and Wordpress themes
- Convert PSDs to pixel perfect HTML and implementing them in a Wordpress theme
- Creating child themes based on OptimizePress or Buddyboss and adapting them to our designs
- Work on existing Wordpress installation & themes, finding bugs and improving them
- Manage BuddyPress installations
- Test the pages in different browsers supported by tools like crossbrowsertesting.com
- Writing of technical documentation
- Deliver very clean, high quality code
- Availability during EST working hours
PHP/WordPress Developer: 2 years