Windows/ Android Developer
Join the HipChat team and be part of the next great thing in real time team collaboration. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new business being built within Atlassian.
As the HipChat Windows and Android Developer you will be responsible for development and maintenance of a native Windows application for HipChat and helping to improve and fix bugs in the Android application.
You will own the HipChat Android app from design to fielding support requests.
The ideal candidate is innovative, ambitious, self-motivated and keenly interested in collaborating with an awesome team.
You’re a great fit if:
- Have a good sense of humor
- You’d rather be David than Goliath
- You were the first kid on your block to build the LEGO fire station – then you made them into a motherboard
- Your dog responds to ‘sudo’
- You are open to feedback
- You have a favorite rage face
- Coding of native Windows application (with at least feature parity with existing AIR app)
- Coding for Android application (mostly around adding features, improving existing code / performance)
- Support / encourage best practices and coding standards for the Windows app
- Respond to support requests related to the Windows and Android applications
- Experience developing native Windows applications (not via a separate runtime like Java or AIR)
- Experience with Java development (preferably Android development specifically)
- Familiarity with best practices around Windows development
- Desire to participate in design / product development process
- Drive to provide awesome and fast support to customer questions
- 2+ years experience developing Windows desktop applications
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience developing network-based applications