Decker Design serves a diverse group of clients from corporate to consumer to technology businesses. We build large, complex enterprise level websites and applications, as well as small business websites.
We are looking for a talented web designer to work full time in our Flatiron office. Successful candidates will have at least 3 years experience designing and building HTML based websites using web standards (div based layouts, latest CSS and HTML techniques etc). You should be expert with the Adobe Creative Suite and be able to quickly create multiple visual concepts for client presentations.
At Decker Design you will be involved in the entire web design process from start to finish. This includes meeting with clients to discuss design possibilities, presenting and defending design and development concepts, researching user behavior, creating wireframes & mockups and working with other visual designers to generate creative concepts. The web designer will be completely responsible for the entire technical development from wireframe through final launch. This is a hands-on position ideal for an ambitious person wanting to make an impact. You will not be delegating or managing a team of programmers.
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert with CSS3 and HTML5 (Responsive design)
- Strong knowledge of browser quirks (that means IE7/IE8)
- Experience developing themes/templates for WordPress
Good To Have
- Expert with WordPress theme development and admin configuration
- Some wireframe development experience
- Experience with social media APIs
- Email template experience and knowledge of best practices (Table based layouts, Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- Experience with MailChimp or similar bulk emailers
- Experience with source control (SVN or GIT)
- PHP experience (Drupal or Expression Engine)
- Experience with MAMP development environment
- Experience designing for mobile
- Experience migrating CMS based websites between servers
- Experience with Coda FTP client/editor
- Some After Effects animation experience
- Experience with ecommerce, membership, and other user engagement techniques.
How to apply
Please no offshore applicants, must work on premises. Submit a resume, a salary requirement, and a letter summarizing why you think you are a perfect candidate to Michael Aron at