Web Production Assistant - Job 6644
The Computer and Statistical Sciences Center (CSSC) supports the Assessment program through software design and development and applied statistics specific to educational assessment. The staff comprises more than seventy software software engineers, programmers, project managers, graphic designers, technical writers, testers, and system analysts. We are currently seeking a Web Production Assistant to join our growing and dynamic team.
CSSC’s main services include, but are not limited to:
• Building and maintaining systems around pre-production, processing, analysis, online testing, and electronic reporting of assessments
• Conducting analyses and generating data for assessment reports
• Performing research and development towards innovative functions of assessment systems
• Supporting systems around hosting, code and data deployments, system back-ups, etc.
This position will belong to CSSC’s Interaction Design Team, assisting with lead designers on large high-profile online assessment systems. The possibility of taking on smaller projects with minimal supervision also exists. We’re looking for someone who has a solid design sense, can problem solve some tricky CSS issues and has an intuitive feel for both usability and accessibility. Future potential to get involved in creative design.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Web site maintenance; including edits on help guides, static messages, web links.
2. Troubleshoot display and rendering issues in dynamic, web-based applications on a variety of browsers and operating systems.
3. Implement a simple design from a Photoshop file using css and html (no tables).
4. Develop wireframes for an application.
5. Provide programmers and managers feedback on usability.
6. Assist with testing (as needed).
• Bachelor’s in Graphic Design or related degree and 1-2 years experience or Bachelor’s in unrelated field plus 2-3 years experience
• Technical skills to include: strong working knowledge of HTML, moderate understanding of CSS, and experience with print design (inDesign)
• High attention to detail
• Excellent time management
• Excellent analytical or critical thinking skills
• Quick aptitude for learning new software
• Highly motivated to achieve client satisfaction with timely, high quality services
• Self-starter and motivator with a strong sense of accountability
ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER – TO INCLUDE CREATIVE PORTFOLIO (in the form of links to websites designed)
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, subsidized garage parking, tuition assistance, and more. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com and conduct a job title search. EOE.