Web Front-End Developer(WFED035)
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), is seeking to hire a Web Front- End Developer. The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is the official regional planning organization for the northeastern Illinois counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane,Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will.
The Individual will work with Communications Director to enhance the CMAP website to better communicate agency priorities through development of the agency’s web front end.
1. Develop easy-to-maintain web tools and templates that enhance the agency’s website.
2. Program and implement web content that is faithful to design mockups.
3. Interface with web hosting and development consultants under contract to CMAP.
4. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be a self-starter who loves working with technology to achieve web communication objectives. The ideal candidate will prefer front end development because he or she is visually oriented, creative, and highly attuned to the user’s experience. Attention to detail is an essential skill; the developer should enjoying taking responsibility for fine tuning and quality checking. Applicant should have a creative mindset with a good eye for design issues (graphics, typography, and spacing), as well as high standards of quality assurance.
Education and/or Experience
Must understand the difference between standards mode and quirks mode.
• Experienced working in partnership with graphic designers.
• Prefer experience with developing for Flash, including data-intensive content.
• Familiar with PhotoShop and/or comparable image processing software (e.g., Gimp,
• Experienced with Firebug (and/or equivalents) for troubleshooting and quality assurance.
• Experienced in guaranteeing visual precision across multiple browsers, including IE7.
Your cover letter should include at least four links to recent web projects, briefly indicating the type and extent of involvement.
Office Automation Skills: MS Word, Access, Excel, Power Point.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter with at least four links to recent web projects, briefly indicating the type and extent of involvement. Include Job Code WFED035
CMAP: Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60606