TravelPod ( A TripAdvisor/Expedia company ) is looking for a talented Web Engineer with LAMP (Perl) experience eager to work on fast growing and exciting travel websites.
As a Web Engineer, your main responsibility will be implementing features and optimizations to generate additional traffic and revenue on sites such as TravelPod.com.
You’ll also be responsible for working with a team to carry out the maintenance of the software to ensure that our sites are always available to our large community of travelers.
We are looking for entrepreneurial developers who have shown leadership, creativity and enjoy big challenges.
You will be working with a small but passionate team at TravelPod & TripAdvisor. TravelPod is a fun and exciting place to work at and we’re looking for someone to share their energy with us!
In this role you can look forward to…
Helping to design and implement optimizations and features to grow traffic and revenue.
Promoting best practices and ensuring a standard of code.
Optimizing the code for performance and stability.
Working with the team to support our web applications.
Participating in quality assurance testing.
What you can bring to the team…
A minimum of 3 years of experience with web development.
A minimum of 3 years working with Perl.
A minimum of 3 years experience with Linux, Apache and MySql (LAMP).
Experience developing on Facebook and other social networks is a plus.
UI Design experience is a definite plus.
Good knowledge of web related programming and web security.
Experience working on large, high traffic sites will be considered an asset.
Experience working with Ajax and other leading edge web technologies is a plus.
A passion for writing quality code.
An ability to work well in a fast moving and highly collaborative team environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
• Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
• Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
• Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
• Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
• Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
• Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
• Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
• Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
• Clear communication th