Position: Web Developer
Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced web developer who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and not afraid to try new things. You will be part of a small web development team – so you must be a problem solver, a fast learner, and comfortable wearing many hats.
- Build features and provide support for the Tesla Motors website http://www.teslamotors.com and related interactive projects.
· B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
· Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and building in accessibility from the ground up.
· Strong working knowledge of DOM manipulation and AJAX-enabled UIs.
· Comfortable debugging client-side issues with firebug, web developer and similar tools.
· Strong OO programming skills.
· Strong server-side development skills — primarily PHP (Ruby and Python a plus).
· Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, and JSON.
· Experience working in an open-source LAMP environment. Should be comfortable using UNIX command line tools.
· Experience with Drupal a big plus.
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc).
· Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal English skills.
· Experience with SQL and RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, etc.) a plus.
· You’re above all a problem solver – you love a challenge as well as an elegant, practical solution.
Please provide links to projects you’ve worked on.