The Web Developer (WD) produces and maintains websites and assorted interactive applications utilizing a wide array of technologies. The WD must have an understanding of a full stack development environment, with a focus on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) environment and WordPress CMS’s.
The WD must be proficient with development tools such as code editors and version control (GIT or SVN), and easily adapt to different development environments utilizing either Apache and IIS servers, and a variety of backend languages including but not limited to PHP, .ASP, .NET, ColdFusion, Python, Ruby, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
The WD should have familiarity with preferred backend frameworks, including but not limited to Laravel, CakePHP, Django, Ruby on Rails, or Zend framework. The WD should have the ability to work in a variety of content management systems, including but not limited to WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, and should feel comfortable extending default functionality with custom plugins or functionality.
The WD must be able to work independently or with a team. This WD must be able to handle multiple projects, reliably meet deadlines, and accurately convert design comps to produce fully functional web-based projects. The WD must be able to understand project objectives as well as user and client needs, in order to derive accurate functional specifications, content requirements and provide time estimates for web projects.
PLEASE NOTE: You probably won’t have all these things above, but the more, the better. We’re just shooting for 100. Why not, right?! Must be able to come into our NJ office daily. This is an on-premise only job.
- Successful candidates will possess an undergraduate degree or equivalent certifications
- Approximately 2 years work experience in web development
- Adept at establishing tasks, and carrying out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Time/scope estimating on web and interactive projects
- Assess proposed projects to isolate and define backend functionality derived from scope
- Make recommendations regarding technologies to implement on a per project basis, based on project scope and required functionality
- Team with web lead and creative directors to develop website architecture
- Develop programming code to meet project specifications derived from creative and marketing strategies as outlined in approved proposals
- Tests programming code to ensure proper functionality for all projects
- Update active websites maintained by the agency by programming new code or updating existing programming code to ensure sites stay functional as technology changes
- Stay current on all programming-related and social media technology trends and innovations
- Set up and maintains hosting environments for web-based projects
- Set up and maintain GIT version control environments for web-based projects
- Informs Web Production Lead if server problems occur on any agency managed or maintained interactive properties; assists in helping to resolve all such problems.
- Site Architecture and site map construction
- Site content population
- Help grow agency’s interactive and mobile app capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Capable in a Mac or Windows computer environment
- Knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient in MAMP, GIT Tower, Sequel Pro, Coda 2, and Transmit
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office helpful but not required
- Knowledge in Google services helpful but not required
- Motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Element Six is a full service agency who specialize in getting clients noticed. We are strategists, creatives and innovators. We’re a small team that is agile and “gets it”. We’re energetic, creative and sharp—we love partnering with clients that are the same. Although fun, we are serious about producing excellent, effective and award-winning work. Our results speak for themselves.
Our team has great chemistry and is looking for the right individual that will “fit in”.
Work-life balance is very important to us, and we make sure we have ample of each. To break up the day to day work you might find us brewing our own beer, having go-cart day or taking a trip into NYC. We also offer some great benefits:
- Health, Dental and Eye
- Training and Growth Plans
- Comfortable Environment
- Great Location