The Better Business Bureaus mission is to advance trust in the marketplace between businesses and consumers.
The Council of Better Business Bureaus is the umbrella organization for BBBs throughout the nation. We are seeking a talented developer with experience developing robust and scalable web applications for high traffic sites. This position, located in our new offices in Arlington directly across from the Clarendon metro, will be working both independently and in small teams to build and maintain SQL Server driven, load balanced website applications with multiple layers of caching for speed and stability.
The primary purpose of this mid-level position is to provide programming solutions and database management for a proprietary application using various languages (e.g., C#.Net 3.5 and above, SQL server 2008, etc.) in a professional and timely manner.
You will write, test and implement code to build and/or maintain web applications and relational databases, analyze programming requests and develop best implementation options to meet objectives, troubleshoot programs or system problems and implement solutions, and interact with customers to adapt and modify programs to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- 3 to 5 years of .Net C# and SQL Server experience
- Strong working knowledge of SQL 2008 (incl. stored procedures, schema design, etc.)
- Experience with AJAX, JSON and service-oriented design
- Demonstrable understanding of MVC design principles and practices
- Demonstrable understanding of web application performance considerations and tuning of load balanced websites/applications.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 (and more generally, cross-browser development)
- Knowledge of RESTful practices and design
- Familiarity with multiple platform (Windows, *nix) development and dynamic languages (Ruby, PHP)
- A minimum of 3 years end-to-end application development experience delivering and supporting secure, scalable load balanced applications to the public is required. Microsoft certifications preferred.
We offer a highly competitive salary and great benefits including a flexible 35-hour week, telework, medical, dental, and life plans, generous 401(k) contributions with immediate participation and liberal paid time off.
How to apply
Send your resume outlining your qualifications for this position, and including salary requirements, to .
Please reference: WEB DEVELOPER, position 81, in your application materials and/or the subject line of your e-mail submission.
U.S. Citizens and legal residents only, Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
No phone calls please. EOE