Krate, a design and development studio, has an opening for a talented web developer with 1-2+ years of agency/freelance experience. We’re looking for someone with strong front-end dev skills and backend coding chops to boot. (Someone who’s got Smashing Magazine, A List Apart, and Stack Overflow at the top of their bookmark list.)
What you’ll need:
- 1-2+ years of hands-on, agency/freelance experience.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL.
- Experience developing for open source CMS’s (WordPress, Drupal, etc), modifying and creating custom themes and plugins.
- Experience with common APIs (Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, etc).
- Strong understanding of web standards & browser/platform compatibility.
- Linux administration and command line.
- E-commerce development (custom e-commerce, Magento Commerce, PayPal, etc).
- MailChimp/Constant Contact and rich HTML development.
- iOS development / Mobile development.
This is an on-site, full time opportunity with 401k, health and education benefits, and summer hours. You will be working in a small design/development team environment.
Krate is a design + development studio located in Long Island City (Queens) near MoMA’s PS1. We’re minutes from midtown Manhattan or Brooklyn (and easily accessible from 7, E, V, G, N, W). Our clients span the arts, media, architecture, fashion and cultural arenas. Visit us at http://www.kratedesign.com
How to apply
Please send CV and list of previous project URLs to .
Include "WEB DEVELOPER" as the subject.
No off-shore candidates. No recruiters.