The web developer is responsible for taking high-level designs and making pixel-perfect HTML and CSS for our award-winning website kingarthurflour.com. You will be working closely with experienced designers and developers in our IT, creative and marketing groups on major projects and frequent updates. You should have a keen attention to detail and the ability to create a simple yet remarkable user experience.
Duties range from hands-on work with HTML and CSS to developing and implementing workflow and templating systems to move content from the creative and content creators to the web site. This role requires creativity as well as excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills. The developer should be comfortable working independently, alongside other design, marketing, product and engineering team members. The person in this position will be a heads-down developer involved heavily in development for the web, mobile, CMS systems, and social networking integration.
Essential job functions:
- Construct web pages based on the output from content creators throughout company
- Work with developers and designers to ensure correct implementation of UI front-end
- Coordinate efforts and workflow with cross-departmental colleagues
- Improve the ease of web page additions and design changes
- Work with teams to redesign and update the company web presence
- Develop and optimize systems to reveal site content to organic search engines by implementing best practices, and directing marketing and merchandising staff on best practices
- Stay current on technologies and best practices in order to make recommendations to the web team
- Act as resource for expertise and support for web team and end users
- Understand and leverage industry best practices
- Research user requirements through discussions with key stakeholders
- Maintain a good understanding of target audience and industry development trends