Pappas Group is an award-winning, independent creative agency that builds brands and the experiences around them. We’ve purposely built a small, nimble agency where creative, strategy, technology, media and marketing collide to create big ideas and thoughtful experiences that more people will love. Part art and part science, creating work that people love gets all of us fired up everyday, connects consumers to our client’s brands and delivers big results.
You’re the one who makes this whole digital media thing work. Without you, our campaigns never make it off the page. Our Web Developers provide the vital link between the creative team’s great ideas and the internet’s ability to deliver them to our small planet.
It used to be the industry joke that Web Developers were the strange people sitting back in the corner, banging away at their keyboards for hours on end. No anymore. And not with us.
Our Web Developers play an integral role in transferring our creative concepts to the web. They participate in all levels of campaign development, advising their team on technical feasibility and serving as the expert for front-end best practices. They troubleshoot issues, manage cross-browser support challenges and optimization, and understand the issues and constraints of designing for online media.
Web Developers no longer have to just be great coders; they have to be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, the status of their work to their team members, particularly to their Project Manager. That’s just the beginning. Here’s the rest of your equally-important skill set:
- Provide links to your successful website deployments.
- Provide expert troubleshooting and debugging of technical issues.
- Have a conceptual understanding of color, optimizing images, the capabilities of web browsers across multiple platforms, and the constraints involved in designing for online media. This is really important.
- Enjoy using your creativity to solve problems and create exciting digital experiences.
- An Undergraduate degree and 1-2 years’ experience building corporate websites.
- Be a self-starter who is looking to work as a part of a fast-paced, creative, collaborative digital team with other developers and designers.
- Have the ability to work in both Mac and PC Platforms.
- Possess a solid work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Have knowledge of server-side languages (preferably PHP)
- Have experience with database administration (preferably MySQL)
- Have experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or Flash
- Experience in mobile application development