Web Developer (Req. #1983)
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks a Web Developer to perform analysis, design, programming, and maintenance activities for the Office of Publishing and Member Services.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Implement front-end tasks to software programs as dictated by user input and/or business process change, including site updates, changes, and bug fixes
• Work with sales team to analyze business requirements and produce new products
• Develop, test, and implement user guides, functional specifications, and installation guides for projects
• Provide administration and programming modifications in an XML-based environment
• Interface design and development for iOS and Android platforms
• Extensive university or college-level training leading to a Bachelor’s degree
• Two to three years related work experience in systems design, systems support, software development, and performance analysis
• Expert familiarity with browser inconsistencies, cross-browser testing, and bug fixing
• Understanding of responsive design principles including working with media queries and Modernizr
• Experience working with XML, HTML5, and Xquery
• Experience with Drupal or other CMS
• Familiarity of good design principles and ability to mock-up designs in Photoshop and in the browser
• Familiarity with Github or other version control methods
• Knowledge of Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act accessibility guidelines
• Strong understanding of CSS3, including advanced selectors, vendor prefixes, and media queries
• Understanding of basic SEO techniques as they relate to markup
• Comfort working on a Mac OS X
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
Please visit our job information website http://www.aaas.org/careercenter/employmentataaas/ to get more information, and to apply to AAAS online.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.