Web Developer - Do work that you believe in - Excellent Benefits & Pay
Vibrant, established non-profit seeks an experienced Website Developer who wants to use their talents for social justice in the San Francisco Bay Area. Use your skills to do meaningful work for excellent salary and top benefits.
The Website Developer will work in collaboration with communications professionals and field teams. Ideal candidates will have three to five years proven experience developing high profile websites with expert level skills using Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, CMS, CSS, PDF, and strict file naming schemes.
• Assist in organizing and maintaining multiple web sites using CMS and HTML.
• Embed multi-media and upload photos, PDFs and other assets into web sites.
• Develop and operate online and e-mail action alerts in text and html formats.
• Produce creative online advocacy campaigns
• Learn and adapt new standards and innovations in web technologies.
• Liaise with all departments in organization to ensure timely information is reflected on web site.
• Analyze traffic statistics and reports on a weekly basis.
• Maintain quality control on the front and back-end of all web pages, code, and file names.
• Produce visual themes, iconography, and consistency of visual assets throughout the site.
• Know Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, MS Office, as well as online applications.
• Expertise using facebook, youtube, linkedin, flickr, and other social media networks.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Excellent salary Candidates must have three to five years experience developing websites.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well with teams.
• Familiarity with unions, and health care issues is highly desirable.
• Previous experience with web design and other support work for social justice issues.
• Demonstrated success at using internet technology for online advocacy.
• Be organized, self motivated, and flexible
Excellent salary and benefits package including full family and domestic partner coverage for medical, dental and pension. The position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Please prepare a Résumé, salary history, work samples, references and cover letter. Please submit online at:
We are committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women, experienced web designers of all backgrounds, to apply.No phone calls please.
How to apply
Apply online with Résumé, salary history, work samples, cover letter: