Web Developer / Analyst
The Web Developer / Analyst is responsible for the management and development of strategic and iterative user interface improvements; software upgrades; maintenance of Oxfam America’s websites and related systems and vendor relationships; and relevant data analysis as necessary.
Additionally s/he will:
- Oversee strategic updates to Oxfam America’s website(s) by working and coordinating with the website editorial and creative teams, project stakeholders and external vendors.
- Conduct technical feasibility studies to determine the appropriate technology and strategic approach to implement a desired new feature or update.
- Lead the technical implementation of projects including managing third party vendors and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to obtain all necessary feedback and approvals.
- Facilitate proper and consistent use of the Plone CMS system by various non-technical teams across the organization.
- In collaboration with the Oxfam America Unwrapped team, lead on programming, management and ongoing maintenance for the Oxfam America Unwrapped website.
- Manage the externally hosted, customized software application, including existing and future enhancements as well as routine user interface updates to support marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate vendor relationships that comprise the comprehensive product delivery system—order management, fulfillment and customer service. Additionally coordinate with Oxfam’s Donor Services and Communications teams as necessary to ensure smooth product delivery.
- Facilitate implementation of new features and enhancements to the core software product, in coordination with the application service provider.
- Proactively test and troubleshoot technical issues and provide technical support for production problems as required.
- Maintain thorough documentation of relevant systems, including software, systems, vendor processes, and financial transaction systems.
- Implement, maintain and review Google Analytics website traffic data, providing analysis and reports to the rest of the team as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in quality assurance analysis before application(s) is/are released to production including cross-browser/cross-platform testing, product unit testing, and server load testing.
- Contribute to broader discussions about how to further enhance Oxfam America’s online offerings and participate in visioning processes and the articulation of strategies.
Provide support for new digital branding and fundraising initiatives that may arise including, for example, analysis, consultation and implementation.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION
Remain abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous knowledge of the field.
Work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
Able to travel periodically in the US (maximum of 1-2 trips per year) if required.
Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, with some emphasis on application development and e-commerce systems management.
Knowledge of the field of non-profits and/or international development and human rights. Some multilingual skills desired (French or Spanish preferred).