TMG, one of the country’s leading custom-media firms, is seeking a full-time or freelance/contract web designer to support our web team in Washington, DC.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
A highly experienced web designer with a sophisticated, modern and clean style who combines creativity with a deep understanding of usability.
• Proficiency in digital imaging and illustration using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, including designing Smart Objects in Photoshop
• Understanding of typography and branding
• Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
• Ability to create designs from provided wireframes
• Familiarity with online advertising best practices
• Experience designing web sites to follow the 960-pixel grid system
• Understanding of CSS and dynamic HTML design constraints, with ability to create designs that accommodate those challenges
• Ability to create design mock-ups for common user interface elements such as web forms, video players and user comment areas
The following skills are a plus, but not required:
• Knowledge of best practices and design guidelines for HTML email designs
• Ability to create designs for mobile apps (iPhone/iPad/Android) and mobile web site front-ends
• Experience designing themes for common web site software and services, including Drupal and WordPress
• Experience using Adobe Dreamweaver or other tools to create HTML/CSS prototypes
• Experience with Adobe Flash and Fireworks
We’re looking for a team player with a great attitude and at least 4-5 years of solid experience.
PLEASE SEND ONLINE PORTFOLIO
This is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch custom media firm with a quality reputation and a fantastic staff. Our office is Metro accessible. Great salary and benefits.
How to apply
Please visit our web site at http://tmgcustommedia.com to submit your application and resume (go to: who we are > working here > opportunities). To be considered, you must include samples of your work