We’re looking for someone with a blend of design and front-end skills to join our team in Nottingham. You should have thirst for solving design problems, endless desire to learn and a track record of producing highly-polished websites. So if you’re a dab hand with pencils, pixels and prose, then read on.
JH is an award-winning web agency that specialises in e-commerce websites. We believe in smiles and laughter, because your best work happens when you’re enjoying the job at hand. We make that happen every day of the week by working on challenging projects with like-minded clients. We’ve recently worked with Nivea, Selco, Sunspel, Channel 4 and Panache.
Within our expanding design team, you’ll immediately contribute to projects ranging from small micro-sites to complex e-commerce stores. You’ll be responsible for making sure every pixel, paragraph and line of code is attractive and effective. We regularly embrace new approaches, so you’ll be expected to stay up-to-date and share ideas to help push our standards higher.
We’d like you to have a few years of professional experience, but most importantly we’re looking for a strong portfolio, proactive attitude and the right cultural fit.
In this role you’ll:
- Interpret project briefs to create engaging design concepts
- Write efficient front-end code to bring your designs to life
- Present your work to clients, explaining your decisions and responding to critique
- Work individually, as well as in a team, self-report and manage your own time
You should have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design and development skills
- High competence using Adobe Photoshop or similar
- High competence writing HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery to modern practices
- Experience producing responsive web designs
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- Desire to learn and share new practices
- A good sense of humour and positive attitude
You’ll score bonus points for experience of:
- Producing e-commerce websites
- Source control e.g. Git, SVN
- Front-end tools like Sass/LESS, Grunt, RequireJS
- Performance optimisation techniques
- PHP development (we love Magento and WordPress)
We offer a range of nice benefits including:
- Flexitime working hours
- Maxed-out 27” iMac, a device lab and all the software you need
- Annual conference budget
- Cinema pass, slippers and other swag
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
How to apply
Write to and tell us about your unique blend of design and development skills and how it helped you solve a design problem. Please include your CV, portfolio and favourite GIF. If you’ve got a Dribbble profile or blog, then share those too.