Booking.com is the market leader in Europe for on-line hotel reservations with more than 4000 employees worldwide and a total of 70+ offices worldwide. Our headquarters is located in the center of Amsterdam and we offer a dynamic international work environment.
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. We receive thousands of visits to our website on a daily basis; therefore we know instantly which experiments work and which don’t.
As a Web Designer you will have graphically strong web design skills, and a good technical understanding of web page creation. In this role you will be involved in the rapid development and enhancement of Booking.com. With your knowledge of user experience in a commercial environment, you will work closely with Senior Designers, Developers and Product Owners, developing ideas into mockups using Photoshop or Fireworks, and ideally you will also be involved in the implementation of HTML and CSS.
- Work together with colleagues of Design, IT and Marketing to improve usability
- Designing and developing the user interface of the Booking.com website with HTML/CSS
- Conduct experiments for improving conversion
- Create mock-ups and web pages
- Strong sense for consistent design of user interfaces, usability and accessibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with browser quirks and workarounds, cross-browser, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web standards for web development
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- You are an excellent communicator with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to business
- Confident working with version control systems
- Ability to code hand-crafted html
- Expert mastery of cross-browser front-end technologies: HTML and CSS
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with templating systems
- Experience with graphical software (e.g. Photoshop and/or Fireworks)
We offer a competitive salary plus bonuses, with opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands, where you’ll be joining a team of people from all over the world who now call Amsterdam home.
The perfect candidate has a passion their craft… and a portfolio to back it up. Send us a link or upload your work and tell us all about it. Please submit your CV, portfolio and Motivation Letter in English via our website www.booking.com/jobs or click here.
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must send a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application cannot be taken into consideration.
This can be added as an attachment in Step 6 of the online application process. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
How to apply
Please apply via our website: