• Participate in the requirements definition process with Product Management, Tech, and other key stakeholders
• Work with engineering counter-parts as needed to clarify requirements and solve design challenges
• Create wireframes, hi-fidelity mock-ups, usage scenarios, specifications, navigation maps, and other UI design documents
• Work with sales and marketing to create banner ads, microsites and other sales collateral
• Excellent graphic design skills (Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Proficient with HTML and CSS
• Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
• 1-3 years experience
• An online portfolio of your work
Why you want this job…
• Your work matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact on our bottom line and your opinions will help shape products used by thousands of people every day.
• Variety. U.S. News has dozens of products, one week you might be working on college rankings, the next design a page diet reviews and the next working on an ad campaign for a Fortune 500 company.
• Exposure. We have a high traffic site and each month your work will be seen by millions of people.
• Great work environment. You will have talented co-workers to learn from, keep sane hours, and have interesting projects to work on.
Work will be done on-site at our offices in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC.
The USNews UX/Design team plays a lead role in product development across the company. We take pride and ownership in our work and are passionate about creating solid, user centered design. Our ideal candidate will be able to contribute immediately and will both learn from us and teach us a few new things.
Compensation based on experience.