Why this job is Awesome: You will combine your UI design skills with Mobile design skills to help create online products and interfaces.
TripAdvisor is hiring a Web Designer, TripAdvisor Flights/SeatGuru. You will report to the Creative Director , and work closely with the Product Manager and GM of TripAdvisor Flights. We are looking for an exceptionally talented UI/Visual Designer with extensive interactive experience working with large and complex consumer websites. This is a highly visible position within the company and you will have the opportunity to explore new cutting edge interfaces and help create the next generation of features and functionality to acquire and engage registered members, whose contributions are at the core of TripAdvisor’s value proposition. You will be create the interaction flow, degine the look and feel of Flights and Flights-related products, and you will be responsible for defining the Flights mobile UI.
As part of our multi-discipline development team, your interface design work will play a vital role, enabling millions of travelers around the world an easier and more engaging way to plan, take and share their trips.
To be successful in the role, you will have proven experience designing, developing, and refinig online products and interfaces. You should understand design from a user’s point of view, and be able to balance business goals with users’ needs.
Please send all resumes to Jennifer Ramcharan at email@example.com
What You’ll Do:
•Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent user interfaces for TripAdvisor.com and our global websites around the world, taking into consideration cultural differences and language translations.
•Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with business managers, and the web design team to help define an online creative strategy.
•Communicate and sell your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
•Provide design thought leadership to the company and work with Web Development and Engineering to push the boundaries of what’s possible on the internet.
What We Seek:
•Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to web design. No design divas here! ; )
•6+ years experience in comparable web design roles on large, content-rich consumer websites
•Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a “go-get ‘em” attitude.
•Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
•Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
•Proficient to expert in: Photoshop and Illustrator. Flash a plus.
•Working knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS. No coding required in this position.
•Experience with community websites, user tools, and gated functionality a plus.
•Experience with international websites and audiences a plus .
•Experience with holistic thinking around overall usability and design approach to member and community features.
•Interaction design skills: Experience creating wireframes a big plus.
•Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
MUST have online portfolio with multiple examples of interactive design.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
• Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
• Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
• Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
• Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
• Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
• Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
• Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
• Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
• Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
• Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Please send all resumes to Jennifer Ramcharan at