We’re looking for freelance web designers for a variety of one-off projects, including website, landing page and Facebook application designs. We’re a small, digital media strategy group that’s busy – and getting busier by the minute. In short, we help clients navigate the endless stream of digital media opportunities and pitfalls. Aside from a bunch of memos and conference calls, this boils down to some really fun stuff. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for freelance web designers who like to do really cool stuff. We want to create digital media that is cool and distinctive, with straightforward, easy usability. You will have lots of creative freedom and the ability to experiment with new designs. You can work from anywhere – it’s all virtual anyway.
As for the specifics, you would need to:
- have a strong background in web design
- have very strong proficiency/expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- be excited about things like about typography, layout, web standards, and user experience
- create the look and feel for both websites and Facebook app designs
- follow all web standards and accessibility best practices
For website design:
- create the presentation and organization of content for websites
- have a basic understanding of the principles of Information Architecture, as well as usability and user experience design
- have a familiarity with web 2.0 features and functionality
- have a familiarity with HTML, Browser compatibility, CSS, XML, etc. (you will NOT be expected to code)
- have experience creating interactive elements such as rich media (preferred but not required)
- have proficiency in Flash and with ActionScript (preferred but not required)
As for experience, we’d love to see:
- a solid portfolio. We’ll be looking for originality and to see that you fully understand typography, grid layouts, imagery, color, etc.
Typical project deliverables could include:
- wireframe components
- visual style guidelines (colors, typefaces, sizes, icons, etc)
- CSS guidelines/standards (preferred but not essential)
- JS guidelines/standards (preferred but not required)
You can work from anywhere – this is an entirely online gig.