ABOUT THE COMPANY
OTR Global (OTR) is a premier independent and alternative research firm providing industry intelligence and information across ten industry sectors. Our diverse team takes pride in consistently providing an exceptional product and level of service to an enviable client list of investment managers and hedge funds for over ten amazing years.
OTR’s unique approach of engaging investigative journalism techniques uncovers information and intelligence not focused on by traditional Wall Street research firms. Our methodology is based on channel checks and in-depth source interviews, with ongoing relationships with over 30,000 qualified sources worldwide. OTR has dedicated coverage in 50 countries with expanding representation in the Americas, Europe, China, India and Japan.
The Web Designer is responsible for OTR Global’s internal and external web presence. By careful design, considered information architecture, and regular content updates, the Web Designer ensures that the organization’s online presence is among its best assets.
• Build & maintain internal and external web properties.
• Develop html, multimedia & mobile content and collateral in support of marketing, sales, and other business units.
• Maintain consistent, professional information architecture and look & feel across web properties in consultation with Marketing.
• Work closely with Marketing to determine objectives, strategies, and metrics, and develop web pages and tools to address those needs
• Optimize site for search engines.
I. Required Skills
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skill sets through relevant experience:
• Ability to work and communicate well with users in different business units and at all levels of technical understanding
• Ability to interpret, document, and fulfill end-user requirements
• Solid understanding of web navigation, user habits, web design trends, cross browser and platform compatibility issues
• Sales/Marketing experience is a plus
II. Success Factors
This role will be ideally suited for an adaptable, creative problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is able to effectively manage multiple projects with a high level of self-initiative, and strong attention to detail.
o Conducts self as a professional in style, actions and confidence
o Maintains cooperative and respectful peer relationships and contributes as an active team member
o Acts in a manner that demonstrates reliability, trustworthiness and persistence.
Quality of Work
o Demonstrates innovation, passion, knowledge and creativity in work.
o Works independently with minimal supervision; accepts constructive dialog displaying accountability and takes ownership of self-development.
o Displays effective written and oral communication skills.
III. Working Conditions
• Office environment
• Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
IV. Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in new media, computer information systems or related field or 5+ years experience in website development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Joann Steck-Bayat