EWG seeks a web designer who is able to envision, source and create high quality web graphics in a dynamic, fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment that values flexibility, responsiveness and enthusiastic engagement with peers and supervisors.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Extensive use of graphic design capabilities to develop Web pages and sites that are visually appealing and interesting.
• Building small and large web applications and sites using Drupal
• Envisioning, sourcing and creating high quality graphics for EWG’s web properties.
• Writing XHTML and CSS code and working with jQuery, AJAX and PHP programming.
• Creating and adjusting email marketing templates and landing pages.
• Working collegially with other members of the web team and participate in office training programs
• Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants will have:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in web work.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of professional experience in business or government. Professional or non-professional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for required college education.
• Advanced knowledge of web programming languages.
• Experience designing high-traffic web sites and user interfaces from scratch; knowledge of best practices in layout and web optimization.
• Understanding of website usability.
• Strong understanding of web standards and semantic web markup.
• 3+ years’ experience with back-end Web technologies: PHP 5+, MySQL, Apache
• 3+ years’ experience with open source content management systems such as Drupal and Wordpress, including theme-ing and administration.
• Advanced experience with Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver.
• Proficiency with the Adobe CS5 Suite.
• Working understanding of SEO and web tracking tools such as Google Analytics.
• Knowledge of current web trends, technologies and online communities.
• Excellent organizational, communications and multi-tasking skills, with attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with an eye for detail and quality.
• Print design experience and ability to translate brand and message; illustration and animation skills are a plus.
• Ability and desire to learn new applications/processes/environment.
• Ability to stay flexible in responding to day-to-day changes in priorities.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. EWG provides excellent benefits and participates in a 403(b) retirement plan.
No phone calls please. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or already authorized to work in the U.S.