Web Designer Extraordinaire
Does your current office resemble Initech*, or even worse, Aperture Science*? Then it is time for a change – declare your freedom and get a job where you’ll never have to fill out another TPS report and where the cake isn’t a lie.
We want you! Well, not all of you, but if you have wicked design skills and respectable coding skills, you should apply immediately. Join a fun-loving team (just watch this dance-off here: http://vimeo.com/14326746) that has some spiffy awards on the shelf like Best Place to Work 2010 from Houston Chronicle AND the Houston Business Journal and the 2009 AMA Marketer of the year. Plus, selling blinds and shades online is pretty exciting – at least the way we do it is.
What will you spend your day doing, you ask?
- Creating new, fresh user experiences (mockups), bringing them to life (code them out) and testing them.
- Brainstorming new ideas with the creative team to improve the usability of our site.
- Fearlessly developing new tests and strategies.
- Monitoring tests along with Analytics Manager and report both successes and failures to team.
- Taking it as your personal mission to make the experience for our customers surprisingly easy and exciting.
- Setting quantitative goals for yourself and strive to attain them.
- Continuously improving yourself and others around you.
- Contributing to the company by speaking up with any ideas and feedback.
- Intermittently discussing horror movies, new video games, scifi and politics.
Make others jealous of your benefits package:
- Health & dental insurance
- Section 125 plan
- Life/AD&D/long-term disability insurance
- Cappuccino machine
- FSA plan
- 401k plan
- Fitness program
- Paid time off
- Xbox in the breakroom
You’ll have a better chance of getting this job if you have:
- 3-5 years professional experience creating unique, persuasive Web sites with tools such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with jQuery, .NET and PHP.
- Familiarity with online testing software.
- A good sense of humor and enjoy working with quirky people.
- The ability to design/code and troubleshoot for all major browsers.
- Experience with revision control systems.
- The ability to carry out tasks independently, but still play nicely with others and take constructive criticism.
- An online portfolio with design and Web examples.
- Likes cake.
*Not sure what we are talking about? See…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Space and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture_Science#Setting