NYCEDC is seeking a talented Web Designer/Developer to join the Marketing Department. He/she will provide web design and usability upgrades, maintenance of micro-websites, and the creation of online communications. This position requires a detail oriented person who is equal parts designer and front-end developer who can produce high quality creative concepts and standards-compliant technical solutions.
• Create graphics and multimedia assets for web sites and online materials.
• Design and code email templates. Manage template materials, sign-ups and lists.
• Act as a point person for internal clients who use the content management system. This includes training, managing updates, and maintenance of workflows.
• Proactively provide innovative ideas for web-based design solutions in support of site objectives and online initiatives.
• Stay abreast of web trends and new technologies.
• Responsible for projects assigned by the Interactive Producer and Director.
• Manage projects through design, development, QA, and production to ensure final products are implemented on time and as originally intended.
• Must be able to effectively communicate across teams and work on multiple projects at the same time.
• An online portfolio of design work that demonstrates strong graphic design and typography skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field
• An understanding of web development standards and user-centered design methodology.
• Able to write clean and valid HTML and CSS.
• Excellent communication skills and is capable of working within a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Extensive knowledge of design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Visio or Omnigraffle.
• Working knowledge of video production programs including Final Cut Pro, Premiere, and After Effects preferred.
New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire (in keeping with EDC’s mission).
About the Marketing Department:
The Marketing team promotes New York City as a premier place to do business and raises awareness of NYCEDC, our programs and our initiatives. We do this by developing strategic marketing campaigns that enhance business development efforts, CBD development and City Hall’s various economic development initiatives.
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/