The Web Designer/HTML Coder is responsible for creating online content for Practising Law Institutes multiple online properties and marketing vehicles, in addition to converting all completed mock-ups into clean and logical CSS and HTML pages.
This will include: site design and implementation, marketing emails, advertising banners, landing page creation, digital mock-ups with a strong sense of visual design, and ongoing research of new technologies.
Practising Law Institute is looking for a web designer/HTML coder to take us to the next digital design level. Someone who is creative, a team player, efficient and effective at translating written and oral ideas into digital content in a fast paced multi-channel company.
The successful candidates will work closely with our web marketing team and report directly to our Web Marketing Manager to ensure fluid e-commerce solutions and effective interactive experiences. Candidates need to be highly proficient in digital design and HTML and have a portfolio highlighting their work in both mediums.
Practising Law institute (PLI) is a non-profit continuing legal education organization. For over 80 years PLI has been dedicated to providing the legal community with the most up-to-date, relevant information and techniques critical to the development of a professional. We achieve this goal through over 300 seminars in locations across the US, regularly supplemented Treatises and Answer Books, audio CDs and DVDs, MP4s, live Webcasts, and Course Handbooks. PLI is headquartered in New York City and also Maintains offices in California. This opening is located in our New York City Midtown location.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong creative concepts. (Please include Web Design and HTML concepts).
- Two or more years of experience in web design, at least 1 specifically for eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field.
- Expert in design, typography, color theory, and graphics file creation optimized for the web.
- Advanced knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with the Adobe Suite of software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver).
- Strong attention to detail
- Troubleshoot launched campaigns
- Knowledge of SEO and usability best practices
- Understanding of browser capabilities and design constraints on the web, with expertise in developing and testing across multiple browsers and platforms (i.e. Firefox, Safari, IE)
How to apply
Email resume and cover sheet to