Web Design Specialist
Our Toronto, Ontario based design firm, established in 1997, holding an impressive number of quality US and Canadian clients, is seeking a senior web design specialist to join our team. Selected individual would work on web design projects to create and implement the front-end of web sites, landing pages and micro sites; create online marketing (leaderboards, landing pages, etc.); and build custom and unique templates for shopping cart sites, WordPress sites and so forth.
This is NOT a programming or developer position, it is strictly for front-end and design related deliverables.
The qualified candidate would have:
- Excellent web page design skills, careful use of images, solid page layout abilities, and well versed in designing intuitive navigation
- Advanced knowledge of developing clean XHTML / HTML5 and CSS3 with latest methods and practices
- Solid experience in custom designing and implementing XHTML / CSS for the leading third party shopping cart hosts such as BigCommerce / Volusion / Shopify, etc.
- Have knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and how it impacts HTML and front end design
- Experienced in WordPress theme creation and implementation
This is a contract position, work is performed remotely (from your home or other place of preference), and is paid on an hourly basis with monthly payments. When applying for this position please provide your resume and portfolio of example websites you have designed.
Competitive hourly rates, supportive environment, flexible work hours, working location of choice, exposure to diverse range of clientele, involvement in exciting and unique projects. We are an equal opportunity employer.
It is HIGHLY preferrable that candidates are physically located in the Greater Toronto Area. ALL offers from off-shore firms will be ignored, without exception.