Web Content and Public Relations Specialist
Clikzy Creative is a Washington, DC based web design and marketing firm. We create amazing custom websites which stand out above the rest! Our clients range from small business to large government agencies. We have a very relaxed environment, and unlimited vacation days.
We are looking to add a content and public relations person to our staff. We are open to a college graduate with a strong work ethic, and the ability to execute. Or if you are a seasoned professional which can help bring your experience, and knowledge to help take our site to the next level. If you love to write, and are goal oriented, then this position is for you!
We want to have readable “media worthy” content. We want our visitors to understand our vision, and we want the local and national market to publish our material. The overall goal is to make our website, and company more valuable, and we want to do this by adding in valuable content.
What you will be doing:
- Specialize in content creation, public relations, media relations, blogging
- Developing a content strategy for our own website which our other team members could help execute.
- Develop content and compelling stories, pitch and place them with a wide range of media outlets — from technology, business, advertising, to consumer.
- Focus on building influencer relationships – getting covered by analysts, media and bloggers to help build buzz and recognition – and developing “media-worthy” stories and key messages to communicate to clients, investors and other key PR audiences.
- Create and manage a comprehensive editorial calendar (including blog, social media, etc.) and execute all relevant communication.
- Manage media interviews, speaking opportunities; work closely with research and marketing to develop speaking points and reference materials.
- Write industry articles/columns for publications with an overall goal of being published in first tier (Wash Post, Ny Times, Smashing Magazine, and second tier (local magazines, and local small niche new papers)
Main Skills Needed:
- Must be a good writer, and have the ability to learn small business, and other web technologies, then write about them.
- Must be driven, and want to be published. (we will have a potential bonus program if you get published in major media)
- Must have a knowledge with social media, and great customer service skills
- Must be organized, can create a content strategy, and execute
- Ability to learn new web technologies
A candidate with a background or degree in writing, journalism, public relations, political science, history, and advertising would be a good fit.
How to apply
**NO RECRUITERS AND NO WEB DEVELOPMENT TEAMS
To apply, please send resume, writing samples, and salary requirements are a must.