Web Content Specialist
Pall Corporation, a Fortune 1000 company, is the global leader in the rapidly growing fields of filtration, separations and purification. We provide innovative products to customers in the health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. The company, headquartered on Long Island, New York, has operations in every major country. If you are interested in learning more about Pall Corporation, visit our website at www.pall.com
We are looking for a Web Content Specialist to drive Pall Corporation’s initiative to make the content within www.pall.com current, accurate, and integrated with offline Marcom activities by working with Corporate Internet Marketing team, Web IT team, Marcom managers, and external suppliers to plan and implement Web content. This person must understand the Pall web site architecture and how information is organized. Must be able to write web copy, layout/design, analyze and optimize Search Engine features, keyword, build banners, and do basic entry. Scope of assignment includes multiple divisions and global projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Marcom Managers to define project goals, scope, budgets, timeliness and required resources. Assist/manage implementation of mini-market programs to web content and produce web content/updates, conduct competitive reviews, develop industry association/links.
• Recommend and implement enhancements to support online marketing and search engine optimization. Be familiar with and able to conduct SEO analytics.
• Increase site traffic and usage through coordination of compelling content, integration with offline activities to drive people to the web.
• Work with internal staff to manage the completion of the majority of projects internally and use outside creative agencies if required for advanced programming and other services to create and maintain the PLS content within pall.com.
• Collaborate with the Web IT team to understand their goals for long-term infrastructure development.
• Follow policies and procedures for online content that align with Corporate Communications objectives.
• Coordinate workflow of LOB Web projects to ensure that content is current and what the site visitor wants to find.
• Manage implementation of translations for Web pages based on the business plans of the market segments.
• Evaluate existing content for clarity and timeliness. Ensure consistency of brand and content throughout LOB site (banners, podcasts, webinars, navigation, etc.)
• Implement changes and corrections to the Website to insure quality and accuracy.
• Manage workflow and deadlines on multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Oversee the production of content and appearance of the Pall Web pages using the templates and standards set by the Internet Marketing team.
• Manage projects from early development and planning through implementation, including testing, launch and post-launch monitoring and assessment.
• Improve web experience by updating content, keywords, and graphics.
• Keep current with emerging web technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Demonstrated experience and expertise in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Familiarity with the tasks surrounding the execution of promotions and copy writing in order to complete a wide range of projects expected in this position.
2. Experienced with Web development. Good understanding of web technologies, web publishing and design tools. Basic graphic design manipulation skills using Adobe Photoshop and Flash a plus. Strong knowledge of website design, layout, and usability standards required.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong editing and proofreading skills. The ability to express ideas through creative writing/editing in a web-friendly style.
4. Advanced HTML or content management system programming skills (preferably Teamsite by Autonomy Interwoven) a must. Experience with web-based applications, and a range of application server environments required. Understanding of CSS, XML, and ASP preferred.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal communication skills required to discuss project progress and staff activities, implement corrective actions as needed, and interact with internal customer base.
7. A level of experience consistent with the demands of this position, including the achievement of a four-year degree in advertising, design, e-commerce marketing, internet marketing, or related business field and between 2-4 years of work experience in corporate advertising and communications.
8. Knowledgeable about social media marketing.
How to apply
Go to www.pall.com select careers find job and apply directly.