Web Content Manager
Position: Web Content Manager
Status: International staff
Duration of contract: 2 years, renewable
Indicative starting date: as soon as possible
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Closing date for application: 31 May 2017
1. ABOUT CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
It promotes inclusive value chain development; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder agricultural policies and strategies; facilitates access to information and knowledge; and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement and is funded by the EU.
2. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
CTA seeks to recruit a highly motivated and results-oriented individual as Web Content Manager to oversee the development and publishing of well-targeted content for its corporate and programmatic web sites. The overall purpose of the post is to manage timely and quality delivery of content via CTA’s online corporate and thematic web sites and social media accounts to reach its target audiences around the world.
The Associate Programme Coordinator – Web Content Management works within the Communications Team. He/she reports to the Programme Coordinator Communication and Marketing. He/she works closely with the staff responsible for communications, marketing and social media as well as programme staff and external partners providing technical content.
3. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
The incumbent will contribute to the successful implementation of CTA’s communication and marketing strategy. He/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan and schedule production of content for CTA’s corporate website and thematic portals based on communication and marketing priorities, using an editorial calendar (set deadlines, formats and channels);
- Manage workflows and content in all formats (text, image, artwork, video and other forms of media) using appropriate tools (CMS, Trello dashboard), ensure information is properly stored, tagged, posted and archived;
- In accordance with agreed priorities, edit or commission content based on background material provided by programme specialists; arrange translation of content from English to French or vice versa, as required;
- Write, edit and proofread additional content as needed (e.g. headlines, summaries, captions) and ensure overall quality control of content in all formats;
- Using the available publishing tool, prepare and post engaging and eye-catching content as well as additional resources and suggestions for further reading;
- Monitor consumption and user engagement, develop content A/B tests based on metrics segmentation and respond to website feedback;
- Stay up-to-date with trends and new ideas to drive content conversion and engagement;
- Ensure brand consistency and compliance of CTA web presence; ensure legal compliance (e.g. copyright and data protection);
- Create and update content governance guidelines (including workflows and processes) to improve efficiency and ensure consistency of CTA’s online communication; apply guidelines and support and monitor their implementation.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Information Systems or any other related field.
Work experience :
- A minimum of 5 year post-qualification professional experience in web/online content management.
- Demonstrated experience in content planning and scheduling for multichannel communications.
Professional knowledge and skills :
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with search engine optimization/marketing and web analytics.
- Familiarity with website legal compliance and requirements is an asset.
- Familiarity with usability research and usability testing is an asset.
- Great attention to detail, highly organised and performing well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team: excellent inter-personal skills, respect for and appreciation of other perspectives and cultures.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CMS, Photoshop and Google Analytics.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Awareness of development issues.
The applicant must be a national of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp – and the European Union Member States).
APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Associate Programme Coordinator – Web Content Management will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the Selection Committee.
The conditions of employment are as follow:
- Type of contract: short term, category auxiliary staff, level 3A.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years (renewal possible) with a 6 months’ probationary period.
- Gross annual income: € 59,000 mostly tax free.
- Comprehensive benefits package.