Web Application / QA Developer (Mid-Senior Level)
Play in the big leagues and live by the beach. Now offering the best of all worlds…Hilton Head Island-based BFG Interactive is seeking an energetic and focused QA Developer who wants to oversee the quality and development standards on some of the world’s most recognized brands. Sound like you? Got a strong background in solution development and delivery, project execution, relational databases, architecture and various programming technologies? We should talk. If you’re excited about the endless possibilities that accompany working with such clients as Harry Potter, Moet Hennessey, Cartoon Network, CNN, Coca-Cola, Bacardi, Fremantle, Camel, and Captain Morgan, then we can’t wait to meet you.
To land this gig, you’ll need (short list)
- 3-5 years experience as a Interactive/Web Developer
- Wiz with one or more of the following languages: PHP, C# / ASP .NET 2.0+, Classic ASP, or J2EE
- Ability to follow and enforce web coding standards
*Strong leadership and communication background
- Agency or design firm experience (preferred)
- Willing to relocate, all work is onsite in beautiful Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (relocation assistance available for the right candidate.)
Responsibilities include (long list)
- Assists in physical and logical database design
- Code and test web and database solutions
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions
- Prepare and test release packages for deployment to production environments
- Able to both follow and enforce the web coding standards.
- Assist other team members in testing code and applications for functionality and quality
- Comfortable communicating quality issues to team members and assisting in the error correction
- Must possess a keen eye for detail in databases, HTML, and structured programming languages
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Understands advanced relational database concepts
- Demonstrates proficiency with physical and logical database design
- Writes effective and efficient stored procedures
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005
- Demonstrates proficiency creating database-driven web applications with at least one of the following languages/platforms:
– C# / ASP .NET 2.0+
– Classic ASP
- Ability to quickly adapt this knowledge to other programming environments
- Ability to create and follow UML specifications
- Comfortable using SourceSafe and SVN
- Understands basic client-server architecture
- Demonstrates familiarity with object and component methodology and technology.
- IIS/Apache server familiarity is a plus
How to apply
To apply please send your resume, a note stating your interest and examples of your work to Josh Jones at .
Candidates will be contacted only if there is an interest.