Web Application Developer
Universal Strategy Group Inc. (USGI) is seeking an experienced, motivated, and dynamic individual to fill an immediate full-time Web Applications Developer position.
The Web Applications Developer is generally responsible for providing application development assistance for managing an Intelligence databases, enterprise and software environments. Developing applications, web forms, and win forms to support the Intelligence database enterprise and Program of Record (POR) and higher headquarters Intelligence services that support the Intelligence databases, enterprise and client POR. Customizes the user interface in C#, .Net, Silverlight, ESRI Spatial Development Engine (SDE) and other software languages.
Develops and maintains procedures to control access to the network, preventing unauthorized persons from connecting to the network. This includes the development of frontend and backend procedures to support multiple interfaces. The support concentrates primarily on enterprise application development and upgrading of the Inteligence databases, enterprise software, to include the design, build, and customization of user interfaces and the development of frontend and backend procedures to support each interface. The results are custom designed for standing and emerging requirements, provide unique views and data analysis to reduce cycle times and provide operational insight.
- Design and development of table schemas, store procedures, functions and SQL statements for MS SQL server 2008 databases
- Performs system design, integration, validation and configuration management and disposition of servers and workstations to support system architecture
- Technical consultant for major project to integrate GIS systems, data and video collections and various databases
- Assists the organization in achieving and maintaining Certification and Accreditation (C&A) ensuring information systems data availability, integrity authentication, confidentiality, and nonrepudiation
- Develops web service applications to integrate products such as MetaCarta, ESRI, SDE and SQL Server databases with combined storage of over 2 Petabytes of data
- Develops solutions to provide full text search, visualization of various products on maps, document ingestion, report generation and data management
- Develops enterprise data management reporting systems to track and manage intelligence information and reporting
- Develops aspects of the system to include tailored databases, web services, Silverlight GUIs, report generation, document generation, document ingest, Map visualization and searching
- Develops GIS and data management solutions utilizing ESRI products, Silverlight and Entity framework
- Customizes the JWICS SharePoint portal site per customer requirements and developed web parts using C# and Silverlight
- Develops client/server and web applications using VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, XML, and HTML utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio .NET as a development tool
- Develops applications using SDLC and object oriented principles
- Outlines, and modifies user interfaces to increase operational use and efficiency
- Develops software that successfully populates and retrieves information in the desired format from a variety of databases and user defined reports
- Analyzes Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), Government off the shelf (GOTS), or other third party software development projects for implementation into the Intelligence databases and enterprise
- Creates and designs software applications reporting databases for internal unique user mission support requirements
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Shall have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in custom application requirements design, diagramming, documentation of performance standards, preparation of testing plans and procedures, development and execution of configuration management, quality assurance and quality control policy and procedures
- Shall have a complete understanding of commonly used information technology systems administration methods, practices, procedures, and processes necessary to formulate, justify, and execute development and fielding of an integrated architecture of hardware and software
- Shall have a complete understanding of commonly used software development languages and development environments; C#, .NET, Silverlight development languages and ESRI Spatial Development Engine (SDE) to create or customize Application Program Interface (API) for the ESRI ARC Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Should have working knowledge/experience with ASP, WPF, Web SOA, and Enterprise Application development methodologies
- Shall have application development experience of systems/databases that support geospatial intelligence data, and full motion video from a variety of sources. In a variety of formats
- Shall have a complete understanding of Microsoft SQL Database operation and functional working knowledge of Oracle Database operation for design of data fields and tables, database schemas, and relational data sharing environment to support and allow optimization
- Shall have a complete understanding of technical requirements for integration and implementation of new hardware and software applications Information Assurance (IA) policy and procedures onto a DoD environment that operates both Top Secret and Collateral Secret classified enterprise networks
- Shall have a complete understanding of the functionality and operation of storage area networks in order to sustain and maintain both data storage hardware and software for proper data flow within a repository that contains multiple petabytes in volume and data formats
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Choice of two different medical insurance plans (PPO and HDHP)
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- 401 k
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Corporate sponsorship for continuing professional education
USGI is a Service disabled veteran owned small business providing world class professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients. The members of USGI are respected and credentialed professionals with a vast portfolio of experience solving complex challenges domestically and internationally. We are a dynamic and agile organization experiencing significant growth within the industry and have a strong outlook for the future. We are a veteran friendly organization and give a veterans preference to applications that meet the veteran status as defined by the Department of Labor. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
USGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. USGI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. USGI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to .