WEB DEVELOPER IN NYC OFFICE
SankyNet is one of the fastest growing interactive marketing companies working with nonprofits and we are excited to expand our team. If you are interested in joining a brilliant group of socially conscious entrepreneurs – and want to learn new technologies while making a difference in the world – then SankyNet is the right company for you.
We are a digital marketing company based in New York City that helps organizations feed the hungry, shelter the homeless and cure devastating diseases. We work with renowned museums, hospitals, animal shelters, bio-medical research institutes and many other diverse nonprofits.
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our tech team. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Drupal (module development a must), PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS, JQuery. Must also be fluent in Adobe CS, especially Photoshop and coding from .psd files.
• Ability and desire to learn new applications/processes/environments.
• Assists in the design, slicing, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
• Understands standard systems development lifecycle processes and applies our methodology and procedures effectively on client engagements.
• Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
• Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
• Adheres to coding standards defined by Web Technology Director.
• Accurately employs SankyNet’s development tools and methods.
• Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
• Keeps up-to-date with today’s trends and technologies.
• Strong fundamental understanding of web application technology
• Strong understanding of object and component methodology and technology, classes, components, objects, and interfaces.
• Working knowledge of LAMP Stack and Drupal.
• Cross-browser differences between the various internet browsers.
• Experience with integration of APIs.
• Exhibits proficiency in coding valid, semantic XHTML.
• Patient, excellent attention to detail and follow through.
• Nonprofit interest, knowledge, and social passion
• Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
• Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts verbally.
• Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and, professional.
Business Development Responsibilities:
• Attend appropriate tech conferences and/or seminars.
Competitive Salary + bonuses and other great benefits (health, dental, metro card).
This position is in our NYC office. No relocation allowance. Start Immediately.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your experience, code sample and any URLs of your work to: (with Web Developer in the subject). Please also send your salary requirements. Candidates will not be considered without all of these items!