Voice UX Design Course Writer (freelance)
CareerFoundry is a young, well-funded, and quickly growing Online Education Startup based in Berlin, Germany. We offer eager learners from all over the world the chance to hone their tech skills and jump into a new career in the Tech Industry. Since opening our digital doors in March of 2014, thousands of students from over 50 countries have come to us to kickstart their new careers.
CareerFoundry offers online courses in web development, UX design, UI design, and iOS Swift. Through our in-depth online courses, and by connecting our students with mentors who are experts actively working in the industry, we aim to transform complete beginners into tech professionals in just 6-9 months.
About the Course Writer Role:
You’ll be contracted for 3 months to write a specialized voice design course with a focus on designing and building skills for Amazon Alexa. The course will be for design professionals with an interest in designing for voice interfaces. With the support of our curriculum team, you’ll work to deliver an engaging, challenging, and project-based online course which will turn students into competent voice designers.
The specialization course will take a part-time student 2 months to complete and a full-time student 1 month to complete. It will consist of approximately 15 text-based lessons supported by images, hands-on tasks, bite-sized video tutorials, and links to additional resources or further learning.
What we’re looking for:
The course writer we’re looking for is a subject matter expert in UX design, and…
- a native-level or fluent English speaker
- an experienced writer with a strong interest in instructional writing
- has classroom and/or online teaching experience
- has experience collaborating with a remote team
- a current UX designer with an up-to-date design portfolio and at least 3 years of experience in the tech industry
- has specific expertise in voice design
- has experience designing skills for Amazon Alexa
What you’ll be doing:
With the support of the CF curriculum team, you’ll…
- collaborate with another course writer to author the course content, project prompts for student portfolios, rubrics, and related tasks
- participate in the production of video tutorials
- work closely with our curriculum team to ensure quality and engagement
What’s in it for you:
Apart from the sheer joy of working independently and remotely, there’s also…
- generous compensation and flexible working hours
- the thrill of helping people around the world change their lives and cultivate a career they love
- the addition of course writer to your CV and ongoing professional networking opportunities
- a possible rolling contract on course updates and development