Visual Designer - Temp
Wireless Generation creates innovative tools, systems and services that help educators teach with excellence.
With its solutions, educators can easily apply research-based, proven practices such as frequent progress monitoring and needs diagnosis, data-informed decision-making, differentiated instruction, and professional collaborations across classrooms, grades, and schools. The company has helped educators address and solve some of the most pressing challenges in teaching and learning. Wireless Generation currently serves more than 200,000 educators and three million students.
Title: Visual Designer – Temp
Wireless Generation is seeking a talented Visual Designer interested in a temp to perm assignment working on some of the most innovative projects in education. The Visual Designer works with art directors, graphic designers, interaction designers, and the technology teams to create and implement high-quality, user-centered educational products. The initial project will be approximately a six month assignment.
Responsibilities of Visual Designer:
- Interpret User Experience Wireframes, UX maps, and an evolving visual style to deliver superior and intuitive user interface screen design, functional specifications and assets.
- Contribute to visual style and interface elements’ standards.
- Simultaneously updating and maintaining said screens, documentation and assets as product revisions occur.
- Liaise with various cross-functional teams to define the best design production processes based on individual project needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Online portfolio highlighting 2+ years of user–centric work experience, including:
- Sketching that informs subsequent User Interface design and production
- Modernistic and utilitarian visual style demonstrating knowledge of related current visual trends
- Strategic use of Typography, hierarchy, color and sequence (visual explanations/ storytelling) for communication
- Design for content-heavy complex web-apps, for traditional devices and/or tablet, in at least one of the following genres:
- Master’s Degree
- Advanced Data visualization theory, problem-solving, and related pixel-to-data ratio abilities
- Advanced Technical ability with CS5 or 6: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience working on products for Finance or Education
- 6- 12 months Agile experience
- Responsive design: strategy and production
- Experience with Omnigraffle and Fireworks
- Experience with Excel
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.