Visual Designer - Application Software
National Instruments is looking for experienced Visual Designers who are passionate about detail, innovation and usability. This position requires a designer who is strong in all visual aspects such as layout, color, iconography, and form. As part of the team, you will collaborate with software developers, project managers, and other designers to develop new applications and continuously improve existing applications.
- Provide visual designs for user interface assets (controls, containers, icons, menus)
- Create technical illustrations of engineering and scientific hardware devices
- Create a design language which can be used across multiple products
- Drive designs from concept to completion, iterating based on usability feedback and technical implementation limitations
- Collaborate with other designers for consistency both within and across products
- Document designs of individual features as well as product-level design guidelines
- Share visual design best practices with a large software engineering team
Note: National Instruments does NOT petition for H-1B (H1-B transfer) and TN status for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in visual design for web and/or software applications
- Strong visual skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in design tools such as Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects across multiple teams
- Awareness of visual capabilities of Silverlight, WPF, and XAML
- Ability to implement a visual design using Expression Blend and XAML
- Experience with educational, scientific, technical, or engineering products or concepts
- 3D illustration capabilities
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for more than 32 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has 5,100 employees worldwide, direct operations in more than 40 countries, and $821M in 2008 revenue. FORTUNE named NI one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ in America for the past 10 consecutive years; in June 2008 ELECTRONIC DESIGN named NI a “Top 50 Industry Companies to Work For," and in Fall 2006 BUSINESSWEEK named NI #14 on it’s “50 Best Places to Launch A Career” list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), profit sharing, restricted stock, employee discounted stock purchase plan, on-site fitness center and wellness program, and much more.