Video Instructor, User Experience Design (Freelance)
CareerFoundry is a young, well-funded, and quickly growing Online Education Startup based in Berlin, Germany. We offer eager learners from all over the world the chance to hone their tech skills and jump into a new career in the Tech Industry. Since opening our digital doors in March of 2014, thousands of students from over 50 countries have come to us to kickstart their new careers.
CareerFoundry offers online courses in web development, UX design, UI design, and iOS Swift. Through our in-depth online courses, and by connecting our students with mentors who are experts actively working in the industry, we aim to transform complete beginners into tech professionals in just 6-10 months.
About the Role:
CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers entering the field of UX design—and we’re looking for a freelance video instructor to work with our in-house Curriculum Team on video lessons for our UX-related courses.
As the UX Video Instructor, you will be working alongside the Curriculum Team to produce engaging, educational video content to support our online UX course. You will need experience with video production and both hands-on and theoretical knowledge of UX.
This is a limited-term freelance contract.
Create videos to support course content
- Work closely with the Curriculum Team to review course syllabi and research relevant video topics for our courses
- Create scripts based on course content in collaboration with the in-house Curriculum Team and revise as needed
- Film and edit instructional video lessons
- Maintain a regular production schedule as negotiated with the Curriculum Team
- Make revisions or reshoots based on feedback from in-house Curriculum and Video Production teams
- Meet deadlines set by the Curriculum Team
- Respond to communications within 24-48 hours
- 3-5 years experience with multimedia production, including video production
- A subject matter expert in UX or a related design field
- Excellent scriptwriting, speaking, and editing skills in English, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Ability to translate written educational content into engaging and instructional video content
- Experience producing instructional content in an educational context
- Experience with Final Cut Studio, After Effects, and/or other video production software
- Familiarity with Bloom’s Taxonomy, andragogy, and project-based learning
- Familiarity with Agile process
- Based in Berlin
What’s in it for you:
Apart from the sheer joy of working independently and remotely, there’s also…
- flexible working hours
- the thrill of helping people around the world change their lives and cultivate a career they love
the addition of course videographer to your CV and ongoing professional networking opportunities
- a possible rolling contract for future video development