VP Product, Mashable
Mashable is seeking an experienced manager to be the driving force behind our development team, responsible for all new technology projects at the company. These projects include innovative web applications in Ruby on Rails, forward-looking feature development and integration with our WordPress install.
The VP Product will work with business stakeholders, developers, and designers to complete challenging development projects in a timely manner. The applicant must have exceptional communication and delegation skills, and experience working in fast-paced environments, managing scope and most importantly, shipping product on time. The VP Product reports directly to the CEO and COO.
We are specifically seeking a manager with an engineering background and multiple years of experience in managing development groups at a technology company. Non-technical applicants will not be considered.
We want someone with:
- 4+ years product management experience
- A proven track record of successful product launches
- A fanatical “Ship fast, ship often” mentality
- Ability to acquire, foster and inspire talented development hires
- Exceptional analysis, projection and reporting skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks, and to gather and communicate feedback between business and development teams.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
Mashable is a news site that covers the companies, products, people and trends that are shaping the digital world. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an additional office in San Francisco.
Mashable employs a full-time global staff of 30+ talented professionals on its editorial, business and development teams, with a network of guest writers and paid contributors. The company has won numerous awards for its coverage of the social media and technology space, including most recently, three Webby Awards in 2010.
With a strong emphasis on quality content, Mashable also has syndication deals with a number of top media properties, including CNN, Yahoo!, Forbes and ABC News. Mashable’s growing audience includes more than 10 million unique monthly visitors, 2 million Twitter followers and 300,000 Facebook fans.