VICE PRESIDENT, CONSUMER WEBSITE SYSTEMS & INTERACTIVE PRODUCTION
Vice President of Consumer Website Systems and Interactive Production
The Vice President leads the Consumer Website Systems & Interactive Production department which develops and operates the IT infrastructure supporting the Company’s consumer website marketing efforts. This individual will:
- Provide vision and leadership for the group
- Set and execute strategic and tactical plans to ensure the group’s mission is accomplished
- Keep up with trends in technology and identify areas for upgrade and improvement
- Ensure the department supports its internal clients and builds effective relationships with external business stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and operating digital content platforms to support the distribution of customer facing marketing information via narrowband, broadband, digital set top box, and wireless platforms
- Establishing policies and guidelines regarding the creation, implementation, delivery, monitoring and maintenance of digital content and services
- Conducting resource and management planning to ensure the group has adequate resources to meet goals and objectives
- Managing the overall project portfolio including prioritization of projects
- Approving, monitoring, and assessing annual and quarterly budgets
- Monitoring website performance and traffic metrics for all group-operated Internet sites in order to identify potential problems and then plan and implement solutions
- Managing relationships with internal clients
- Building, mentoring and creating programs to insure the continued skill development of the internal production group that assists with the daily operation of the Company’s digital content management
- Consulting with relevant technical departments to ensure that development, software and hardware selection compliment CVC’s other systems
- Reviewing competing site functionality, service, content, performance, and alliances to consider for internal development efforts
- Recommending and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase efficiencies, productivity and customer engagement
- Five+ years experience in increasingly responsible technical management of complex consumer website operations.
- Thorough knowledge of the internet industry and considerable expertise in at least several of its sub-fields or specialties (e.g., database management, content management, e-commerce, web development tool sets, system architecture).
- Experience creating, monitoring, and managing budgets
- Strong project management skills including ability to identify resources needed, establish and meet timelines, oversee the creation of required documentation, and continually adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to understand customer requirements and direct project & resource planning
- Ability to be a motivational team builder, coach and mentor
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, adept at establishing effective and time communications with team as well as senior management
- Ability to think creatively, bring new and original ideas, and re-shape existing behavior
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in business management, marketing, or related technical field preferred; PMP certification highly desirable
- Understanding of web application development spanning information architecture, front end (e.g. search engine optimization, XHTML, and client-side scripting) and back-end technologies (e.g. server-side programming, web servers and database creation).
- Experience with modern high-level web frameworks (i.e. Ruby on Rails, Grails, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow) and issues related to upgrading a pure JSP-based environment
- Knowledge of web services (SOAP and REST)