Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a User Researcher to join our new laboratory in Santa Clara.
The successful candidate will be part of a small and growing team performing design and research for data storage and other products.
We are looking for a candidate with experience and ability to conduct user research, analyze data and report and communicate results.
This individual will be involved with organizing and managing multiple projects, responsible for communicating closely with vendors and interdisciplinary project teams and working with other user researchers to design, observe and analyze studies and reporting results.
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: One Year Project Employee — Full-Time
- Design and conduct user research for data storage and other products using various research methods and user design approaches.
- Analyze user research data and write reports and communicate results to stakeholders.
- Work with other user researchers to design, observe and analyze studies and reporting results.
- Communicate with vendors and interdisciplinary project teams.
- Organize and manage multiple projects.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factor, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Sciences or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience conducting user research using a range of qualitative and quantitative user methods.
- Experience with various research methods and user design approaches.
- Experience planning and executing projects from concept through implementation.
- Natural skill for engaging with users, project team members and partners.
- Experience in representing the user perspective.
- Demonstrate experience of having kept current of industry trends in user experience research and design.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Attention to details.
- Experience in researching Enterprise or IT systems a plus.
- Ability to travel for work as needed.
- Familiarity with Japanese culture or Japanese language a plus; bi-lingual Japanese-English a strong plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer