User Interface, Informatin Architect
A new member on a team responsible for architecting new features and improving existing features in the DIRECTV user experience. This includes user interfaces for DIRECTV set top boxes. The team’s efforts can also include development of next generation user interfaces, features and remote controls.
- User interface solutions: utilize guidelines provided by executives, UX managers, feature producers and project managers to develop quality user interface solutions for DIRECTV set top boxes. Brainstorm and collaborate with other user interface and graphic designers and with engineers on multiple projects. Includes support and collaboration with a separate team that develops DIRECTV website, mobile website and smartphone/tablet app (iOS and Android) user experiences.
- Documentation: for assigned projects, produce and maintain specification documents, text strings, flow charts, wireframes and other documentation that define the user experience.
- Project Management: work with Engineering project managers to plan milestones and identify resources, ensuring that project deadlines are met.
- Research Participation: support creation of usability and focus group test plans. Support and/or develop user interface prototypes for research; these range from paper prototypes to interactive prototypes using Flash or other software applications, as appropriate.
- Software Development Support: work with engineers during software coding. Solve issues, review software builds and update specifications.
- Work hours, location and travel: hours are 9am to 5pm in El Segundo, CA offices. There are occasional long hours, as needed. Travel is infrequent (3 or less times a year), generally for only few days and is limited to contiguous US (although, international travel is a possibility).
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced degree in information architecture, interaction design or HCI
- Minimum 3 years experience in information architecture, including user-centered design, user requirements analysis and usability testing
- - Strong in set top box UI development or web, consumer electronics or similar product UI if related to television/entertainment
- Cross platform development experience (creating experiences that will have consistency across different devices) is a plus
- Ability to write accurate, clear, concise and thorough specification documents that software developers and testers can easily understand
- Software proficiency
- - Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Acrobat
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus