User Interface Designer
The UI Designer/Senior Producer optimizes user experience in support of the UNH brand with clean, artful design and superior UI skills. The position also leads creative teams and collaborates extensively with teams including fellow producers, colleagues, student workers, and outside agencies, to implement innovative online solutions.
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and other artifacts, producing beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Create and distribute content (photos, videos, infographics, animations, text, e.g.) through multiple channels including web, mobile and print.
- Conceptualize original ideas to bring simplicity and user-friendliness to design challenges of varying complexity.
- Execute all stages of visual design from concept through deployment.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs to peers and executive level stakeholders, establishing key milestone deliverables.
- Conduct user research, beta testing, and evaluate user feedback.
- Help establish design standards and best practices; promote via online publication and distribution of guidelines.
- 5 years of UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably human-computer interaction or interactive design
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Experience with front-end development (HTML, CSS, jQuery)
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
How to apply
Apply online at: https://jobs.usnh.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54127