User Interface Designer
FreshBooks is looking for a fresh and fancy user interface designer to help us continue to improve and innovate upon the creative and user-friendly interfaces that make our product so successful. If you can balance forward thinking functionalism with compassionate humans-first pragmatism (You can design the future but you never forget who you design for) we’d love to hear from you.
A design job at FreshBooks isn’t really the type of design job you would get elsewhere in Toronto. We’re not a bank, or an insurance company, or a “fancy-pants strategic creativitorium agency”. We’re a software-as-a-service company who sets people up to be themselves and yet be a part of something bigger than themselves. You will have very little supervision and work mostly autonomously, but also have a team of crack Design and Development superstars at your disposal to work and brainstorm with. You will be given monster problems to solve, with little restriction on how you should solve them. You’ll help evolve our kickass web app that everyone loves, our website, and just about anything that involves customers interacting with FreshBooks.
We’re looking for you, if you’ve designed web apps, know CSS, and have an interest in making the world more awesome for freelancers and business owners who want a painless billing system.
We need you to have:
- A fantastic portfolio of innovative and diverse interface design
- Real world experience (at least 2 years) making and maintaining user interface design decisions for consumer class web applications.
- Technical ability to code your own front end work (Knowledge of CSS, HTML5, AJAX and other dynamic interface tools)
- Experience working with and establishing design guidelines.
We hope you have:
- Experience bringing interactive products online
- A straightforward design approach and a sincere desire to make user interaction fun and playful for the user
- A sense of humor and irreverence.
- A quirky hobby.
FreshBooks has been helping our clients take the pain out of invoicing since 2004. A software service dedicated to our customers, we see design as way to establish leadership in the marketplace and that’s why we want you. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We keep regular working hours that don’t involve sleep loss, in a casual yet innovative small business environment.
How to apply
Send your resume and portfolio or URLs to .