User Experience & Visual Designer
Position Summary: Sierra Trading Post is looking for a UEX & visual designer who can translate marketing strategy into compelling, engaging design. The successful candidate will promote our brand identity, design solutions to complex projects, and create intuitive web and application flows with unsurpassed usability. This role requires a passion for design and user experience. We have built the best ecommerce engine on the planet for closeout products, and we’re looking for a team member to help us take this platform into the future. For the ideal candidate living in a front-range community, we will consider telecommuting with occasional travel to our headquarters in Cheyenne.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide visual design solutions for web and mobile opportunities
• Build wireframes and mockups that provide an effective method of communication for project stakeholders
• Collect business rule requirements and design solutions to meet needs
• Create usability definitions and architecture designs for development projects
• Provide design support for eCommerce projects of all sizes
• Present project concepts and specs to the programming group
• Adhere to Sierra Trading Post visual identity guidelines
• Collaborate with other creative professionals to ensure synergy and design consistency
• Stay current on new design techniques, web trends, and competitive benchmarking
• Complete work at a swift pace without sacrificing quality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 3+ years professional web design experience
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web development, or related field
• Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and testing
• Strong knowledge of standard design concepts such as color theory, layout, composition,
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills
• Understanding of today’s creative trends
• Experience with eCommerce companies strongly preferred
• Must have a strong attention to detail and a thirst for results-oriented solutions
About Our Company: A Top 100 Internet Retailer, Sierra Trading Post purchases brand name overstocks, closeouts and 2nds, and offers 35-70% savings every day on gear, clothing, footwear and home goods. Since 1986, Sierra Trading Post has assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams around. Our culture is fast paced, but we know how to have fun and keep it casual, too. Sierra Trading Post is a great place for motivated professionals to grow a successful career in a number of different fields. In addition to a strong web presence, Sierra Trading Post operates outlet stores throughout the West and produces a handful of catalog titles.
Email email@example.com for consideration. Candidates must provide a cover letter, a resume and a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of web design and front-end scripting. URLs preferred.
How to apply
Email for consideration. Candidates must provide a cover letter, a resume and a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of web design and front-end scripting. URLs preferred.