User Experience Specialists
Bloomberg’s User Experience group is expanding and looking for an experienced, self-motivated User Experience Specialists. Our User Experience Specialists are multi-skilled innovators with extremely strong interaction design skills, user research and usability testing expertise, and an eye for aesthetics. We are looking for a multi-disciplinary team player who can quickly learn our organization’s needs and culture and take responsibility for critical design decisions regarding current and future Bloomberg products.
User Experience Specialists at Bloomberg form a core team that serves as a consulting resource for the highest-visibility business application and platform projects. We collaborate closely with product and technical managers, graphic designers, technical writers, programmers, and end users. The person in this role will visualize, plan, and deliver new
products and major enhancements. Our client-server technology means that we specify interaction at a very granular level. User Experience Specialists create and maintain these standards as well as design patterns for our 2,000+ programmers to follow. Since we deliver software instantaneously, we can test iteratively in real-time. This is a tremendous opportunity for a passionate self-starter looking to make a big impact!
The candidate should have a track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems. Experience with designing to support complex workflows, to visualize large datasets, or operating system-level tools will be a plus. We want to see an ability to iterate on out-of-the-box solutions to design problems. The ideal
candidate would be able to understand constraints quickly and be able to both produce and communicate creative design solutions.
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in designing and prototyping for desktop applications, rich Web-based applications, and platform-level tools
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Ability to program in at least one scripting language as well as understanding of OOP and database principles
- Familiarity with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.