User Experience Designer
Position: User Experience Designer, Yahoo! Games
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Job ID: 31499
Think about affecting the life of 1 out of every 2 people online—in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it’s big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now’s the time to show the world what you’ve got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
Are you a passionate user experience designer ready to make your mark on the Internet? Excited about pushing the boundaries of communication and user experience? Affecting the lives of hundreds of millions of people across the globe? Swapping ideas with a team of talented people every day?
Then we’re looking for you to join the Yahoo! Games team. While you are taking a break from playing games, you’ll work to define the next generation experience for Yahoo! Games and see it go live in the US and other global markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working with our product management, software engineering and design leaders to create and refine new and existing product experiences.
• Helping to turn market research, user research, and industry trends into forward-looking new products
• Producing wireframes, prototypes, layouts, interaction specifications, and user interface elements
• Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to create better experiences for our users
And who are you? At a minimum, you have:
• 5 years of experience designing digital products such as Web or desktop applications
• Bachelor’s degree — or equivalent experience — in product design, interaction design, or human-computer interaction
• A talent for synthesizing research, market trends, competitive data, and other inputs into concrete product ideas
• Strong interaction design and communication skills; solid understanding of UX principles
• Proficiency with design software (e.g. Visio or OmniGraffle; Illustrator, Photoshop or Fireworks)
• A passion for design, from high-level concept to pixel-level detail
• A sensibility for strong, clean visual design
• A proven track record collaborating and getting things done
• An interest in understanding, visiting, and designing for markets around the world
• A desire to listen, learn, and grow professionally and personally
Please send portfolio URL as well as your resume. We can’t wait to talk to you!
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.