User Experience Designer
Insightly is a web application used by tens of thousands of companies all over the world to manage their customers, sales opportunities, and projects.
We’re looking for an intelligent, talented, artistic designer to join our San Francisco based team and help us build beautiful and functional web and mobile software. Insightly is dedicated to providing easy to use, approachable tools that anyone can pick up and use without training to help run their business.
Being a part of our design team means you get to dictate the look and feel and UI mechanics of a set of products used by tens of thousands of people each day. We’re looking to hire our first full time designer to do a complete UI refresh of our product line, and the opportunity to contribute to a re-imagination of our brand. That’s where you come in.
We’re after someone who is passionate about being at the intersection of how interfaces function and how they look. Someone who can create something of beauty and elegance that also serves a purpose. Every pixel matters.
Here are some of the things we’re looking for in a designer:
- Someone who works well with a team of people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- A good portfolio of your work to date demonstrating your skill in crafting great interfaces
- A strong sense of what makes up good visual design and balance
- Command of the tools of the trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent
- Excellent HTML5/CSS/jQuery skills a bonus
- You do need to be in San Francisco and able to come into our office
- Eagerness to work in a startup environment with smart and humble peers
We can teach you about customer management software, but we can’t teach great design. You need to bring that with you.
Insightly provides cloud based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Project Management software to small businesses. Insightly is the most widely deployed CRM application on the Google Apps Platform with more than 75,000 customers located in over 100 countries worldwide. We’re not only super successful and growing fast; we have an awesome workplace too. Here are just some of the perks we offer:
- Awesome office in San Francisco with comfy couches and chill out areas
- Great medical, vision and dental cover
- No dress code
- Free snacks and fruits
- “Fridge benefits” – Free soda and juice drinks all day
- 1/2 day off (paid) on Halloween so you can get home in time to help your kids with their costumes
- Everyone gets super-fast brand new computers and 27" displays upon joining
- No internet browsing restrictions